How to make Kokoda?
2 cups Coconut Milk
2 fillets White Fish – Mackerel is our suggestion
4 tbsp Pineapple (finely chopped)
4 tbsp Red & Green Capsicum (finely chopped)
4 tbsp Onion (finely chopped)
4 tbsp Tomato (finely chopped)
4 tbsp Flat Leaf Parsley (chopped)
1-2 Limes (sliced into wedges)
Salt & Pepper (to taste)
1. Dice the fish into 1/1.5cm cubes
2. Soak in lime juice overnight.
3. Prepare all other ingredients as above.
4. Place fish pieces, pineapple, red & green capsicum, onion, tomato into mixing bowl.
5. Pour in coconut milk
6. Add the lime juice of 2 lime wedges.
7. Stir and add pepper to taste.
8. Serve in small soup bowl, sparkled with parsley and another wedge of lime. We also think a hibiscus flower adds a nice touch.
Learn how to make this and more join us at our Mantaray Island Cooking Class.